Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Alignment of Logout Button and text

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #174855 by therealkickers
Alignment of Logout Button and text was created by therealkickers
Hi!

This is my first posting here, so hello!
I hope this is the right forum for my question, if not, please feel free to redirect me :-)

I have successfully installed CB 1.7 on my Joomla 1.6 site yesterday and I'm about to set it up the way I want it. There are many questions that hopefully will vanish as soon as I read the manual and the forums, but one thing just bites my eyes. I use the CB Login Module and it works fine. I also looks fine when being prompted for logging in, but it looks like that for logging out:

Please, please how can I make it look like that - vertically aligned left with the word "Hi..."? (Below: Photoshop edit)

Thanks in advance!
Christoph
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by therealkickers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• val1723
  • val1723
13 years 1 month ago #174990 by val1723
Replied by val1723 on topic Re: Alignment of Logout Button and text
I have gone through this every time I installed a new template. This is associated with your site's template.css file.

I would suggest using Firebug to locate the exact part of the code that is affecting the layout of the button. You probably need to change the display property.

Here is a link to help you correct it once you find the right place: www3.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_class_display.asp

It could also be a matter of padding or margins, so check into that. Firebug makes your life easy because it lets you test the changes before you actually touch the css file.

Hope that helps!

13 years 1 month ago - 12 years 11 months ago #175479 by therealkickers
Replied by therealkickers on topic Re: Alignment of Logout Button and text
Hi!

Unfortunately I cannot use firebug and en plus I have no idea what I can change in which file.
I remember having edited something similar in a file called default.php some time ago where someone in a forum which I cannot remember told me, what exactly I had to change. It worked, but now since I have installed the communitybuilder, it's back to "messed up" again.
As you say, you had to go through this as well - why won't the code display this button correctly from the beginning? Is this a wanted look? Yuck! :-)

Hmm, I guess I have to google for my own postings...

Thanks nevertheless!

christoph
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by therealkickers.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon