Skip to Content Skip to Menu

access chrono connectivity from cb

13 years 1 month ago #175400 by buckrobbie80
access chrono connectivity from cb was created by buckrobbie80
I am wanting to put a link to a connectivity menu item in community builder so that when someone searches for and finds a comunity builder profile they can click a link in the profile and they can view that specific users records in connectivity or add I could have their records to a tab in their profile. I was thinking if I could do a search based uopn the url web address there is a setting in community builder that could dynamically load the connectivity based on the profile being viewed (Substitute username in url) but I cannot figure out how to do a search where the query is in the url address, I'm not a coder but have managed to make it this far. Or how could I pass the profile being viewed username to change the where code? This is a public search and has nothing to do with the currently loggeed in user unly the profile that was searched for. i posted this to the chronoengine forums and this is what they said

Hi Chucho,

If you can add a value to the URL in Community Builder like &uid=999 then you can get that value in the ChronoConnectivity WHERE box with

Code:

<?php
$uid = JRequest::getInt('uid', '', 'get');
?>

I am not a coder by any means but have made it this far and I was wondering how to add the uid to the url in cb would I change the code where it produces the url after a userlist search is made? or if I make a link in a tab like stated below would I add the uid to that link. Could I put the chrono connectivity menu item into a tab if so how specifically do I do that or would it be better to place a link into a tab that links to connectivity or have the tab link when clicked? how could I accomplish this

Thank in advance for any help that anyone can provide,
Julio (Chucho)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fdaley
  • fdaley
11 years 1 day ago #235579 by fdaley
Replied by fdaley on topic access chrono connectivity from cb
I'd like to know the answer to this too

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon