Skip to Content Skip to Menu

general question regarding Joomla modules and CB

• dev02
  • dev02
13 years 1 month ago #176991 by dev02
I am not sure if it is possible t add any Joomla modules or components to CB - I have currently installed the 1.7 version on Joomla 1.7 and would appreciate some info on this

Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 1 month ago #176998 by nant

dev02 wrote: I am not sure if it is possible t add any Joomla modules or components to CB - I have currently installed the 1.7 version on Joomla 1.7 and would appreciate some info on this

Thanks!!

I honestly do not understand the question.

What are you looking for?

• dev02
  • dev02
13 years 1 month ago #177860 by dev02
Hi, thanks for answering. I just wanted to know if this component works with other plugins say for instance fox-contact (a contact form) as I tried uploading it and it would not upload. Maybe a noob question...

My next question I have been waiting for an answer is I need to change some of the "wording" on the registration form as this form has words we dont use. Its no hacking. I would appreciate some help on where to find this file.

Regards
Chavonne

• nant
  • nant
13 years 1 month ago #177880 by nant

dev02 wrote: Hi, thanks for answering. I just wanted to know if this component works with other plugins say for instance fox-contact (a contact form) as I tried uploading it and it would not upload. Maybe a noob question...

CB is a Joomla extension that can also be extended via CB plugins.
There are meany other Joomla extensions that offer related CB plugins that make their extension integrate with CB (bringing relevant information from their extension to the CB profile).

My next question I have been waiting for an answer is I need to change some of the "wording" on the registration form as this form has words we dont use. Its no hacking. I would appreciate some help on where to find this file.

Regards
Chavonne

Most wording strings can be changed by installing and modifying a language plugin.

Language plugins are located here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb

• dev02
  • dev02
13 years 4 weeks ago - 13 years 4 weeks ago #177926 by dev02
Hi

I would like to know how to change a single word in the registration, also as our users are anonymous, I need to take out or remove the "Company" as well as 2/3 other fields. The link you gave me I honestly dont know what to do with it....

Could you direct me to a file within the package to remove it please?

I have searched the forum, could you reccommend a contact form to use please with 1.7 Joomla?

Thank you
Last edit: 13 years 4 weeks ago by dev02.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 4 weeks ago #177930 by nant

dev02 wrote: Hi

I would like to know how to change a single word in the registration, also as our users are anonymous, I need to take out or remove the "Company" as well as 2/3 other fields. The link you gave me I honestly dont know what to do with it....

Could you direct me to a file within the package to remove it please?

I have searched the forum, could you reccommend a contact form to use please with 1.7 Joomla?

Thank you

I see you have a CBSubs license.

Perhaps the Company name you are referring to is what appears on an invoice?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon