Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Automatically allocating to a list

13 years 1 month ago #177219 by bradley568
Automatically allocating to a list was created by bradley568
I want to automatically allocate a user to a list during registration. It will be based on their age. I have 2 lists, Mens and Youth for my sports club. During registration I am asking for their date of birth.

How can I use this to allocate them to a list?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #177745 by bradley568
Replied by bradley568 on topic Re: Automatically allocating to a list
It's disappointing that there has been no response to this. Is it only possible to get questions answered if you pay for them? This is not encouraging since I am currently trying to determine if this product is going to do what I need.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #178228 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Automatically allocating to a list

bradley568 wrote: I want to automatically allocate a user to a list during registration. It will be based on their age. I have 2 lists, Mens and Youth for my sports club. During registration I am asking for their date of birth.

How can I use this to allocate them to a list?

You can certainly create a user list to show people that have a birthday less than some date and another list that have a birthday greater than some date.

This is standard Community Builder functionality - please explore user lists functionality.

regarding your comment:

It's disappointing that there has been no response to this. Is it only possible to get questions answered if you pay for them? This is not encouraging since I am currently trying to determine if this product is going to do what I need.

Yes, our time is allocated first on paid members and when time permits we help out on the Free community forums also.

Of course other members are free to assist also as we cannot possible handle every single post.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by nant.

13 years 3 weeks ago #178230 by bradley568
Replied by bradley568 on topic Re: Automatically allocating to a list
Hi,

Thanks for you response. I have actually just started examining the fields and lists and I noticed that I can set up rules to automatically include people or exclude people from a list.

I understand how the support works but was surprised at the lack of response. However, it will not stop me from using CB and I will be purchasing the licensed version to obtain the additional plug-ins and this would give me better support should I need it.

Bradley

• nant
  • nant
13 years 3 weeks ago #178231 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Automatically allocating to a list

bradley568 wrote: Hi,

Thanks for you response. I have actually just started examining the fields and lists and I noticed that I can set up rules to automatically include people or exclude people from a list.

I understand how the support works but was surprised at the lack of response. However, it will not stop me from using CB and I will be purchasing the licensed version to obtain the additional plug-ins and this would give me better support should I need it.

Bradley

Great, glad you are back on track.

CB is very powerful and has tons of features.

Wish I had more free time to help out everywhere. Maybe when you start learning you can help out on forums also. The forum area is really meant for users to help each other, not for 400K posting questions for a handful of moderators.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon