Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Users do not update profile

13 years 1 month ago #177320 by marciosantosmacaiba
Users do not update profile was created by marciosantosmacaiba
Hello Jomlapolis staff. I'm building a community that is almost all finished, but I came across a serious problem.
Users can not update your profile. In fact, the fields on the tab to appear, put the changes in the fields, after The message appear unless it was all saved successfully, but the Voltri profile, we see that nothing has changed.

Initially I'm just using the free Community Builder extensions and others want to buy it right after being paid, and working on the site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 1 month ago #177324 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Users do not update profile

marciosantosmacaiba wrote: Hello Jomlapolis staff. I'm building a community that is almost all finished, but I came across a serious problem.
Users can not update your profile. In fact, the fields on the tab to appear, put the changes in the fields, after The message appear unless it was all saved successfully, but the Voltri profile, we see that nothing has changed.

Initially I'm just using the free Community Builder extensions and others want to buy it right after being paid, and working on the site.

CB does not have such a problem - something else you installed is causing this.

13 years 1 month ago #177363 by marciosantosmacaiba
Replied by marciosantosmacaiba on topic Re: Users do not update profile

nant wrote:

marciosantosmacaiba wrote: Hello Jomlapolis staff. I'm building a community that is almost all finished, but I came across a serious problem.

CB does not have such a problem - something else you installed is causing this.

In fact many extensions installed, components and plugins. I'll make a list:
Forum Kumena;
AlphaUserPoints;
AdsManager;
K2 v2.4.1;
Acajoom News 2.0.6;
In addition to several resources for some of them.
According to your answer, I'll be without knowing what was installed and is compromising my community, unless you uninstall one by one and test the behavior of the community.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 1 month ago #177373 by nant
That's correct - something is causing code to fail.
You could turn on debug and see if it gives you a hint or also look at your server error logs.

If you can replicate the behavior on a clean Joomla/CB website (without anything else installed) then we will fix (but guessing you cannot because I cannot either).

13 years 1 month ago #177479 by marciosantosmacaiba
Replied by marciosantosmacaiba on topic Re: Users do not update profile

nant wrote: That's correct - something is causing code to fail.
You could turn on debug and see if it gives you a hint or also look at your server error logs.

If you can replicate the behavior on a clean Joomla/CB website (without anything else installed) then we will fix (but guessing you cannot because I cannot either).

I can set or modify the item to update the photo image. I've done this test. Now modify the items that are in the tab "edit profile" you can not change anything. The message says that was saved but nothing changes.
At this point, uninstall everything and start from scratch would be very difficult for me since I installed and configured much.
Recently I installed twitter.tab, and that too is not working. I put Twitter but nothing appears.
That seems only a problem with the tabs but I looked at all ...
Attachments:

• nant
  • nant
13 years 1 month ago #177498 by nant
something you installed (above CB) is causing this.

As I mentioned before, if you can replicate on a clean CB 1.7 installation (with nothing else) then I will take a look (but I am betting you cannot).

Please follow previous advise I gave you 2 posts back...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon