Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Is community Builder Outdated?

• chris1122
  • chris1122
13 years 2 weeks ago #178898 by chris1122
Is community Builder Outdated? was created by chris1122
I just purchased community Builder Professional. I am noticeing many old files in the downlaods sections.

Most of the support docs are 2006 and 2007. I must be blind. I did searches everywehre and even pressed buttons to get docs that do not take me to new info.

Does community builder keep up with its modules? I'm seeing files taht don't look like they support Joomla 1.7.

I understand CB is its own entity. So does it matter if its 1.7 or 1.5 ver of Joomla?

What is your opinion on using CB for a PROFESSIONAL website?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 2 weeks ago #178904 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Is community Builder Outdated?

chris1122 wrote: I just purchased community Builder Professional. I am noticeing many old files in the downlaods sections.

Most of the support docs are 2006 and 2007. I must be blind. I did searches everywehre and even pressed buttons to get docs that do not take me to new info.

Does community builder keep up with its modules? I'm seeing files taht don't look like they support Joomla 1.7.

I understand CB is its own entity. So does it matter if its 1.7 or 1.5 ver of Joomla?

What is your opinion on using CB for a PROFESSIONAL website?

You must be looking in some archived download category.

Latest CB 1.7 package is here (in FREE download area):
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/cat_view/77-free-member-download-area

Check Advanced Download area here (don't bother with Archived area as it contains older releases):
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/cat_view/77-free-member-download-area

The Incubator area here (you need to login again using your Joomlapolis credentials):
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/incubator?jump=welcome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon