Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Google phishing notification - com_comprofiler

• beat
  • beat
12 years 10 months ago #186437 by beat
You probably got hacked through a third-party software, and hackers left a "back-door" php file. It can be an old phpMyAdmin application, or any other extension you installed.

You thus need to:
1) get the log file and find the hackers' accesses to understand where they came in.
2) reinstall everything from scratch (or from an old backup that is safe) and then upgrade all before going online (and leaving them a chance to install files again before you upgrade).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bgf
  • bgf
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #186444 by bgf
I think i may have figured it out im still going over the log as you suggested though. I got my webhost to fix the issue the hacker was causing and with your helpful suggestion i started to think what i had been doing lately.

You were right in the last 2 weeks i had upgraded CB to the latest version and was going through the whole trial and error issue of using image magick for my avatars for my users so they could have animated ones etc instead of using the GD2 process.

While doing this i FTP'd an entire directory of image magick to my root directory.

I am still scouring the log but am almost certain that a file in this directory was being used as the hackers "backdoor"

I have since upgraded to 1.5.25 and removed the directory but am now thinking the hacker has had time to create another directory or compromise my database.Should i scrap my database altogether (sorta don't want to do that)

So now my question is how to i get CB to use image magick instead of GD2. I have already questioned my hosting provider and they say that it is installed but CB doesn't seem to pick it up in the configuration as being installed when put on auto?

Your help with this would be fantastic to save me further compromises of my data and me and my trialing and erroring :)

And a 2nd question i dont suppose you could suggest a good free anti-hacker tool that may be of some use. I had sitegrounds jhackguard on there but i dont think it was to helpfull when i gave the hacker a backdoor.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by bgf.

• bgf
  • bgf
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #186997 by bgf
Thanks for your help. I upgraded to Joomla 1.5.25 and imported my database and now don't have the problem anymore. Thanks again for your help and quick replies.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by bgf.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon