Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to unpublish the avatar/image field

12 years 11 months ago #181259 by trustimony
How to unpublish the avatar/image field was created by trustimony
I'm trying to remove the avatar field from my site. When I attempt to it says it is a system field and it cannot be unpublished here. The way it's written makes it sound like it can be unpublished but it must be done elsewhere in CB. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 11 months ago #181271 by nant

12 years 11 months ago #181438 by trustimony
Replied by trustimony on topic Re: How to unpublish the avatar/image field
Thanks Nick. I'm on an older version (v1.2 RC3) and can't upgrade because of customizations. Under Tab Management I have a Portrait tab that I un-published and it seems to have removed the actual portrait from the edit account screen. However when the user clicks the Edit Button for their account, the Update Your Image option is still shown. Any way to remove that?

• nant
  • nant
12 years 11 months ago #181442 by nant

trustimony wrote: Thanks Nick. I'm on an older version (v1.2 RC3) and can't upgrade because of customizations. Under Tab Management I have a Portrait tab that I un-published and it seems to have removed the actual portrait from the edit account screen. However when the user clicks the Edit Button for their account, the Update Your Image option is still shown. Any way to remove that?

Please see previous answer - unless of course your have hacked CB here also. You can turn off profile images from the CB Configuration backend.

Please note that because of your customizations you are many versions back and your site might have issues.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon