Skip to Content Skip to Menu

SOLVED:jQuery.validator is undefined cancel button

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #183089 by africadream
Hi,

All 2 weeks i try to fix a cancel button, that not work in the profile of CB (frontend). I can click on it but nothing happens. The rest of the buttons works very well.

Firefox give me by firebug the next error:
Code:
jQuery.validator is undefined $.extend(jQuery.validator.messages, {

After looking google and this forum i understand it goes on a jquery problem.
Then i try new tests. So i install new joomla 1.7.3 with the newest CB 1.7.1 first on the default template. NO problem. Then install other template i want to use and yes that give a problem with the cancel button.

So i understand that there is a conflict with the template.
That template use 3 functions thats using jquery.
But if i disable this 3 functions, its NOT fix the the cancel button problem.

I looking further on this site and found a few threads with almost the same problem. But none of them gives an answer how to fix it :huh:

Who can help me to fix this problem? I understand you want to see the site, but i locked the site for public.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by africadream. Reason: problem solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #183232 by africadream
Replied by africadream on topic Re: jQuery.validator is undefined + cancel button
Problem solved by installing a plugin extension: jQueryIntegrator

But only enable this plugin was not enough. It was also needed to delete the next line from index.php of my template:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $template_path ?>/js/jquery.js"></script>

This combination helps and fix the problem.

Only delete the line didn't help enough. Yes, it fix the cancel button problem, but then some jquery option of my template didn't work anymore. That's why it need the combination that solute the problem.

I hope this helps other people with same problem also.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon