Skip to Content Skip to Menu

mod_cblogin stopped working on my 1.5 site

• bascherz
  • bascherz
12 years 10 months ago #183658 by bascherz
I cannot log into a CB-based Joomla 1.5 site that has been up and running for years. I frankly don't know if it was a Joomla upgrade, CB upgrade, or some sort of server change I am not aware of that caused the problem. But the site has essentially been down since February 2011. Joomla is at 1.5.25 and CB at 1.7.1, so it's all current. I have tried disabling every CB plugin, every module, changing templates, nothing works. I've looked at the php.ini and .htaccess files and put them back to basic. No joy. It acts like a caching problem, but I manually deleted the mod_cblogin cache folder and that didn't clear it up either. I also confirmed the site is setup for the same time zone as the server, which conveniently is the same time zone I live in and the site's focus. Oh, one other thing... using Facebook login will work after the initial login attempt and two subsequent resends. It's bizarre.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I've got to get this site operational. It's been down almost all year and I am tired of the user complaints. There is too much custom code on the site go switch to Joomla 1.7, and I frankly think that might just make things worse (for me). HELLLLP!!

Thanks in advance,
Bruce

Bruce S - Vienna, VA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon