Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Is it possible to register User w/o email address?

• nhtim
  • nhtim
12 years 10 months ago #185719 by nhtim
I am creating a CB users group so that membership can be maintained online with CB. Some of the membership is older and does not use email addresses or computers for that matter. I have tried to create a new user but I can not because the email address field is required. I have even set that field to not required, but it still tells me that it is required. Is there a problem with CB or is there a way to work around this issue.

Thanks

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 10 months ago #185723 by nant

• sfraise
  • sfraise
12 years 10 months ago #185761 by sfraise
I guess my question would be if they don't use computers why would they need to be a member of an online group?

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #185766 by pepperstreet
After reading your topic twice... I have to admit that it is in deed a very interesting question and demand! Its not unusual for certain people and especially certain age-groups. Internet communication, website browsing etc. might be the same for "us" on first sight... and "we" might use it in all flavours and on all channels. But I agree with "nhtim"s demand...

Subscribing to this topic ;-)
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by pepperstreet.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 10 months ago #185777 by nant
As this is primarily a Joomla issue perhaps a Joomla forum topic post is more appropriate (I believe there are many already).

• nhtim
  • nhtim
12 years 10 months ago #185786 by nhtim

sfraise wrote: I guess my question would be if they don't use computers why would they need to be a member of an online group?

sfraise, Its not that they want to be a member of the online group. Most member of our group is technology savvy. A website is being built for the group and there will be members only items within the website. Maintaining a membership database online is much more efficient for the officers to keep up with.

pepperstreet wrote: After reading your topic twice... I have to admit that it is in deed a very interesting question and demand! Its not unusual for certain people and especially certain age-groups. Internet communication, website browsing etc. might be the same for "us" on first sight... and "we" might use it in all flavours and on all channels. But I agree with "nhtim"s demand...

Subscribing to this topic ;-)

pepperstreet, As nant has stated - This is an effect of Joomla itself not CB. Although it would be nice to have this function, I don't think it is practical to create it, because the number of people who do not use computers is dropping everyday. It is only a small percentage of our group that do not use computers. I have actually come up with a "SOLUTION" or workaround. Because we have our own domain I am going to create an email address for those few who do not use computers. I can then clear those mail boxes every so often.

Thank you for your help nant!

Tim

Moderators: beatnantkrileon