Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User list change with radio buttons

• gocsi
  • gocsi
12 years 10 months ago #185924 by gocsi
Hi!

I want to replace the dropdown list with radio buttons, on the user list.
I found in the default.php file:
Code:
echo $ncontent;
But where generated this? How can i change to radio buttons?

Thanks,
gocsi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sfraise
  • sfraise
12 years 10 months ago #186070 by sfraise
Replied by sfraise on topic Re: User list change with radio buttons
I don't have time to track down what file that's in atm, but I would look in the comprofiler.html.php and comprofiler.php files as a start.

If you find where it's being generated comment that original piece of code out (always good to keep the original in there just in case) and rebuild it using input type=radio instead of selects. If you're not sure how to build radio inputs do a quick search on Google, the w3c site will probably have a good tutorial and examples on how to build them.

• gocsi
  • gocsi
12 years 10 months ago #186135 by gocsi
Replied by gocsi on topic Re: User list change with radio buttons
Hi,
thanks.

I know the html tags and i made the radio buttons, but its not so good, as the original.
The selected radio button is not in "selected status".
All radio buttons is: "onchange="this.form.submit();" and that regenerate the page and the buttons with unselected status.
Should i make with javascript the right status on the radio buttons?

gocsi

• sfraise
  • sfraise
12 years 10 months ago #186171 by sfraise
Replied by sfraise on topic Re: User list change with radio buttons
I think I know what you're saying, when someone selects an option it causes the entire page to reload to show the new results and the option they had selected to get those results is lost correct?

I don't think you'll like the answer on how to do what you want, it involves using cookies.

Personally I needed a much more modern member search along with radius search capability so I built one from scratch using ajax so that each time a filter is changed it auto updates the results without refreshing the page.

I'm working on making it a component that I can distribute to other people but I need to finish up the admin controls to set your fields you want as search filters. I know there are a lot of people out there that really want this type of component so I'm going to try and get something ready to distribute as soon as possible but I don't have a lot of extra free time at the moment. The good news is it's almost ready, I have the radius databases packed and set so you can select what countries you want to install by just pushing a button in the admin control and have the basic framework setup for selecting your fields, I just basically need to finish up tweaking the code to display the filters accordingly.

I'll post something on Joomlapolis when I do get it ready and will post it in the jed so if it's something you want just keep an eye out for it over the next couple of weeks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon