Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.7.1

• Awed
  • Awed
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #186186 by Awed
Upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.7.1 was created by Awed
OOps just realizing I posted this in the wrong section; sorry.

Hi there,

Some of our members have been having difficulties with what I think is our Community Builder application. People have a hard time logging in to our website, sometimes they are logged out for no reason; sometimes they are unable to post, reply, or enter text into the body field in our forum. Lastly, for some reason, when a user is asked for captcha verification (I don't know why this happens only sometimes), on Firefox and IE 8 the captcha text is cut off (see attached). On Chrome the widget works fine.

The forum we are using: ccboard; is up to date. Our Community Builder is version 1.2.1.

1. Is this Captcha screen part of Community Builder? Has it been fixed in the latest version?

2. What is involved in upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.7.1? Is it an easy fix? Do I need to use a testing server?

Thanks for advice.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Awed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 10 months ago #186198 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.7.1
CB has nothing to do with forum posting.

CB 1.2.1 to 1.7.1 is described in upgrade text file included in CB 171 package.

• Awed
  • Awed
12 years 10 months ago #186226 by Awed
Replied by Awed on topic Re: Upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.7.1
Hi nant,

Is that captcha screen part of Community Builder?

Our Community Builder is linked to our forum as we use a single login that is based in Community Builder's member section.

Also, there is a "forum" tab in the Community Builder member section. Is that for a different forum? (I attached a screenshot.)
Attachments:

• nant
  • nant
12 years 10 months ago #186254 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.7.1

Awed wrote: Hi nant,

Is that captcha screen part of Community Builder?

The CB Captcha plugin is available for all Advanced/Professional/Developer members.
The one on the screenshot you attached earlier does not appear to be our Captcha plugin.

Our Community Builder is linked to our forum as we use a single login that is based in Community Builder's member section.

Also, there is a "forum" tab in the Community Builder member section. Is that for a different forum? (I attached a screenshot.)

The CB Forum plugin included in CB supports Kunena and its predecessors (Fireboard, Joomlaboard, Simpleboard).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon