Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] component/comprofiler/registers not found

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #186604 by mrrich2012
Hi all I've been scouring forums all day trying to get solve this issue with community builder...I read the install documents before installing and even hit youtube afterwards to make sure i didnt miss anything. After unistalling I still have the same problem. When you try to register (or click anything else in the "login" module) you get a "This webpage is not available". I've double and triple checked that the joomla registration is disabled, the joomla login is disabled, sef is disabled, created the menu, and also cb is set to use registration independenly of global configs. Also I'm using joomla 1.7 and the most up-to-date version of Community Builder. Thanks in advance for any help.

Oh and Ive already came across one post on here from a couple years ago that sounded similar to my issues but the solution wasnt the same.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by mrrich2012.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 9 months ago #186616 by nant
Exact Joomla version?
Exact CB version?

Did you follow instructions and create a mandatory public menu item to CB?

12 years 9 months ago #186642 by mrrich2012
Replied by mrrich2012 on topic Re: component/comprofiler/registers not found
I did and the menu item shows up fine, if you click on it it says "please login or register to view or modify your profile".
Joomla platform = 11.2.0 Stable+Modified
Joomla Version = 1.7.2 Stable
CB version = 1.7.1
Thanks again!

• nant
  • nant
12 years 9 months ago #186662 by nant

mrrich2012 wrote: I did and the menu item shows up fine, if you click on it it says "please login or register to view or modify your profile".
Joomla platform = 11.2.0 Stable+Modified
Joomla Version = 1.7.2 Stable
CB version = 1.7.1
Thanks again!

The public menu item should be placed on a registered viewable menu module.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #186696 by mrrich2012
Replied by mrrich2012 on topic Re: component/comprofiler/registers not found
I actually had the menu set to public instead of registered however even after changing it to registered I get the same thing...if theres any other info or screenshots I could give you to help find the problem just lemme know.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by mrrich2012.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 9 months ago #186732 by nant
The menu item needs to be public (not registered) otherwise you might have issues with registration process (which is a public process).

This public menu item should really be placed in a menu module that only appears for registered users.

You are most likely placing it in a Public menu module and thus you can see it if you are not logged in.

If this is the case then if you click on this menu item the system will try to take you to a user profile, but it cannot because you are not logged in as a user.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon