Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Recommended ACL or SQL protection

• bgf
  • bgf
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #188710 by bgf
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone can recommend to me some sort of ACL or SQL protection for CB registration process.

I tried communityACL but there was endless problems with the CB plugin that comes with it. I like this component because it forced them to pick a membership group i could limit a users access to before hitting register but as i said it caused nothing but issues with entire site. (CB plugin itself returned white pages on my site and when i clicked on the plugin to edit its parameters it returned a white page)

I have protected my Joomla back-end from attacks of most nature (automated or manual) but am now being attacked through the registration process on the front-end which seems to be giving some sort of but limited access to a component I'm using on the back-end.

I'm assuming I am being SQL injected through the CB registration process as they have to manually sign up (I'm using recapture) and the user/s doing this never log on to my site they only ever confirm their registration.

Running CB 1.7.1
Joomla 1.5.25
Already using jhackguard from site ground and Akeeba Admin tools free edition.

Any recommended free or open source tools compatible with CB would be fantastic.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by bgf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 9 months ago #188719 by nant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon