Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Conflict between CB and Gtranslate , need help

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #189848 by acapulcobay1
Hello

I use CB to my Joomla site and I also have installed Gtranslate Pro for translation.
Community builder and advanced search that I bought dont work well together with Gtranslate.

Tha default language to the site is Swedish . I can log in and search , find members etc without problems. The problems start when I choose another language and log in. The thing that happens is after logged in is that the language turns back to default swedish.
ANd when I try to search for members through advanced search all the results come up in swedish instead of english. Everything else on the site translates with no problems. Except things related to CB.

I read somewhere that it can be a jquery conflict. Can you please give some help do solve this . I would be grateful.

Thank you very much
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by acapulcobay1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #189940 by acapulcobay1
Replied by acapulcobay1 on topic Re: Conflict between CB and Gtranslate , need help
I really hope that somebody can give an answer or at least tell me where to look for more information. I guess support means that people get help with problems related to the product.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #189961 by nant

acapulcobay1 wrote: I really hope that somebody can give an answer or at least tell me where to look for more information. I guess support means that people get help with problems related to the product.

That is the definition of support.

However, as I understand it you need support with the GTranslate product and not CB.

So my free support answer / advise, is to check with the GTranslate people and see if this is a known issue that they can help you with.

Our (see incubator) Google translate plugin works just fine.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by nant.

12 years 8 months ago #189981 by acapulcobay1
Replied by acapulcobay1 on topic Re: Conflict between CB and Gtranslate , need help
THank you for the answer. I read somewhere that if jquery fro CB is disabled then Gtranslate can work together with CB. Can I test this? Or will it mess up CB?

THank you

• nant
  • nant
12 years 8 months ago #189984 by nant
CB needs its jquery.

If what you read is true, then GTranslate has issue as CB loads jquery in conflict mode.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon