Skip to Content Skip to Menu

General help needed

• gs4492
  • gs4492
12 years 8 months ago #190172 by gs4492
General help needed was created by gs4492
Hi. I have been given the task of upgrading a joomla site from 1.5 to 2.5. So far so good. However, it appears i underestimated the complexity of community builder.

Anyway, on the 1.5 site, the CB user manager has various additional fields such as "information" which the default CB user manager dosen't have. I have compared the attribues in the CB field manager but all appear to match.

I see there is an "additional information" tab in the tab manager but even after creating the same tab on the new site it still doesn't show in the CB user manager. Im bit confused.

Quite simply what i am trying to achieve is this...

www.theambercourses.co.uk/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList&Itemid=95&limitstart=0&search=&listid=5&name=

You suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gs4492
  • gs4492
12 years 8 months ago #190245 by gs4492
Replied by gs4492 on topic Re: General help needed
nobody? :(

• nant
  • nant
12 years 8 months ago #190246 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: General help needed

gs4492 wrote: nobody? :(

Please give details regarding how exactly you performed this migration?

• gs4492
  • gs4492
12 years 8 months ago #190248 by gs4492
Replied by gs4492 on topic Re: General help needed
well i used SP Upgrade to migration from joomla 1.5 to 2.5, I then had to install the 1.7 version of community builder as I know that 1.8 is not yet ready. i did ask on this forum 1 week ago regarding this issue but i didn't get a reply so i just went ahead with it anyway since i am under pressure to this done.

Quite simply all i need to do is to have a profile image and description like the old site but i can't seem to add the description. To be honest, afte thinking about it, i dont think they have enough users to warrant using CB anyway, so unless there is a quick and easy way to do this i will use something else.

Thanks.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 8 months ago #190257 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: General help needed

gs4492 wrote: well i used SP Upgrade to migration from joomla 1.5 to 2.5, I then had to install the 1.7 version of community builder as I know that 1.8 is not yet ready. i did ask on this forum 1 week ago regarding this issue but i didn't get a reply so i just went ahead with it anyway since i am under pressure to this done.

Quite simply all i need to do is to have a profile image and description like the old site but i can't seem to add the description. To be honest, afte thinking about it, i dont think they have enough users to warrant using CB anyway, so unless there is a quick and easy way to do this i will use something else.

Thanks.

I have no experience with this SP Upgrade.
As it appears this is a commercial script perhaps you should ask the devs what could have gone wrong?

What version of CB did your old website have?

I would start over and first upgrade you old website to latest CB version 1.7.1 and than try to migrate. You should also ask the devs if they handle CB migration also?

We have been working with jupgrade and I believe that the latest released version works fine with CB Migration also.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon