Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Member Names Appearing in Google's search results

12 years 8 months ago #190840 by drwebstein
Hello Joomlapolis Community.

I've been notified that the names of some of the members of my Community are appearing within Google's search results, but I don't believe they should be. Does anybody know why this might be?

This is what is returned within the Google listings ("_________" = a community member's full name):
Community Members. _________ · _________ · _________ · _________ · _________ · _________ · _________ · _________ ...

The strange thing is that when I visit the page that is included within the search results, I don't see a part of the page that says "Community Members" and lists profile names, regardless of whether or not I'm logged in.

I think it's a Community Builder-related issue because most of the links that appear within Google's listings include "com_comprofiler."

Thank you for any help you can offer. The nature of our community is private, and we have members who feel strongly about not wanting their profiles to appear within Google's listings, so we are eager to find the reason behind this and a solution for it.

Adam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon