Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Login Module and User Registration

• Spaatz
  • Spaatz
12 years 8 months ago #191997 by Spaatz
Login Module and User Registration was created by Spaatz
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for putting out a great component. I am just getting it installed and like it so far.

I have a question that I hope can be answered.

I personally prefer the Joomla login interface and login module. It integrates better with my security images plugin and is already styled for my site. I tried using the core Joomla login module but ran into a problem with users not being confirmed despite the user receiving and responding to the Joomla initiated email confirmation.

I think CB only marks the user as confirmed if they respond to the CB initiated email.

Is it possible to force CB to accept the Joomla confirmation status or to use the core Joomla login modules / registration / password, etc. screens?

Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 8 months ago #192021 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Login Module and User Registration
I believe it is answered already in the installation guide and the readme files - you need the CB Login module.

• Spaatz
  • Spaatz
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #192022 by Spaatz
Replied by Spaatz on topic Re: Login Module and User Registration
Hi Nant,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I will need to find a workaround for this, using the CB Login module only for my site just doesn't work. Not just for my preference for the default login modules but also because it is causing a headache with my online store at the same time.

I am running RedShop in addition to CB. RedShop allows customers to register in the process of their shopping experience so they can checkout. I can't have them register first or I risk shopping cart abandonment.

When a shopper purchases something from my site, they get an account created for them at the same time. Unfortunately, they get an error message from CB indicating they are not confirmed if they attempt to view their profile page. It doesn't impede the checkout process but does result in my having to edit their user profile and confirm their account.

The only workaround I have found is for the user to log out, relog back in and receive an email indicating their email address is already confirmed before they can access the full functionality.

Any way to clean this up to immediately indicate to the customer / site visitor that they are legitimate?
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Spaatz.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon