Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Weight loss website with user created graphs

12 years 8 months ago #192220 by TeknoPhobe
Hello
I am trying to build my own membership website where people pay to join and access restricted information, but also tracks their progress with graphs created from saved data they've entered via their profile page.
The site is using Joomla 1.5, with CB, and I shall soon be adding CBSubs for paid subs, and probably JomWALL to create a Facebook type of profile page.
I was wondering if there is a CB-friendly extension(s) that would let each member enter and save their own weight loss values each week, and for it to update a chart (e.g. line graph) visible somewhere on their profile?
I have ok web design abilities, but I'm no good at creating php, so the more simple the better.
I imagine some sort of custom form on a profile tab, that saves their results, combined with a good looking graph extension that displays just below/beside the form.
Does anybody have experience doing this who could point me in the right direction?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• localizer
  • localizer
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #192268 by localizer
Replied by localizer on topic Similar Request
is there a solution where users have access to individal pages?

I'd like to provide users with specific information on progress of their orders.

thanks!
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by localizer.

12 years 8 months ago #192269 by TeknoPhobe
Replied by TeknoPhobe on topic Re: Weight loss website with user created graphs
From what I can work out, there is no extension that does it 100%.

Could someone confirm I am on the right lines with this idea...

I am thinking about combining a Forms extension, like RSForms Pro, that allows users save data entries to a database, with some extension that can read databases to generate graphs, using some custom written SQL query to retrieve the appropriate data for the specific registered user. Is that along the right track?

While my knowledge of SQL is limited, luckily I know man who can (for a fee).

I guess this type of custom SQL query is the way to go with any type of dynamic page that someone may want to display to a certain registered user. The query should be able to pull the correct data linked to a profile and display it somewhere you specify in CB, perhaps in a tab?

Like I said, I'm new to this but from reading many different forums, that's what I am understanding.

• localizer
  • localizer
12 years 8 months ago #192272 by localizer
Replied by localizer on topic Re: Weight loss website with user created graphs
"any type of dynamic page that someone may want to display to a certain registered user"

thats exactly what I need. Does someone know a proper way to create something like that?

thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon