Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Blog component

12 years 7 months ago #193197 by stephengoodridge
Blog component was created by stephengoodridge
Hi, I am a complete non-techie user and thought I would get a blog component (Mamblog) with CB and have activated the module but nothing appears in the user profile. What do I have to do to get a blog component on my site?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 7 months ago #193229 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Blog component

stephengoodridge wrote: Hi, I am a complete non-techie user and thought I would get a blog component (Mamblog) with CB and have activated the module but nothing appears in the user profile. What do I have to do to get a blog component on my site?

Why would you think this?

Please give feedback on what made you think this?

Mamboblog was a blog extensions available for Mambo and Joomla 1.0.

It was never included in CB - only thing that was (and is for legacy reasons - will be dropped in CB 2.0) is the CB plugin that integrates with it if it is installed.

If you want a blog extensions, you need to find one and install it.

There are free and paid ones on the Joomla extensions directory.

We also have such support (Advanced members get CB Profilebook and Professional members get CB Blogs).

• Amema
  • Amema
12 years 5 months ago #200354 by Amema
Replied by Amema on topic Re: Blog component
I just started using CB for real for the first time. Eventually I succeeded in making it (I hope) interact with Kunena.

While installing I was supposed to go to the Tab Manager inside the CB Component. There are a few things crossed out, among others the forum integration plugin I had to use. While browsing I saw that there was supposed to be a Mamblog Blog Plugin letting users have their own blog. Cool! That is also what I'm led to believe while browsing my CB Profile where there is a tab called Blog. Yeah!

This is the first time I use these support forums, and I was about to ask the same question as poor stephengoodridge who got totally snubbed for asking. But what else is a total newbie (as myself) to believe, when you yourselves have the Mamblog Blog plugin mentioned in your own (fill the blank) extension? If it was never included in CB - why is it there?! And what about the holier than thou attitude, nant? Your legend says you're "professional". This isn't it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon