Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Two Seperate Profile types with CB

12 years 7 months ago #194720 by Puckbandit35
Two Seperate Profile types with CB was created by Puckbandit35
Hello everyone,

I have a client who is looking to make a web page, where student athletes, and college recruiters can join and make a profile to find each other to help the students get scholarships. I already know this is possible with Community Builder.

But what my client is wanting is to have two seperate profiles, one for athletes, and one for recruiters. So when you register, it would ask you if you are a athlete or recruiter, then based on that, give you different fields to fill out to display on your profile, if that makes sense.

Also, from my limited experience so far, it doesn't appear that Community builder gives each user a unique URL. My client would like for the sites users to be able to easily send out the link to their profiles to their friends.

Any help with this would be extremely helpful.

Justin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bk6366
  • bk6366
12 years 7 months ago #194922 by bk6366
Replied by bk6366 on topic Re: Two Seperate Profile types with CB
Hi Justin-

But what my client is wanting is to have two seperate profiles, one for athletes, and one for recruiters. So when you register, it would ask you if you are a athlete or recruiter, then based on that, give you different fields to fill out to display on your profile, if that makes sense.

Searching for ' different fields ' turns up this response .

This is achieved using the CB Conditional plugin available to subscribers :)

Also, from my limited experience so far, it doesn't appear that Community builder gives each user a unique URL. My client would like for the sites users to be able to easily send out the link to their profiles to their friends.

This has been discussed previously as well and there's not currently an easy solution. Here's a recent post to point you in a couple of directions.

Good luck :)

bk
---
J1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1 / PHP 5.2.17 (no, not upgrading yet)
Current J/CB Project

'Terse'
Guide to getting answers
Please note that pm's related to CB issues will go unanswered. That's what the forums are for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon