Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Add to group from registration field?

12 years 7 months ago #195634 by crazykilla
Add to group from registration field? was created by crazykilla
Hey guys, i've been using CB for years for multiple sites and LOVE it! I've run into a snag, one of the sites i am working on has about 10 or 11 different user groups (similar to author, editor, etc) I would like to make it possible to automatically add the user to the correct group using a field on the registration. Example being there will be a section where the users can choose their group with a radio button, i want it to automatically add that user to the group they choose, so we don't have to go into the backend every time someone registers to move them to a different group. Is this possible? Thanks in advance!

-Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 7 months ago #195636 by nant

crazykilla wrote: Hey guys, i've been using CB for years for multiple sites and LOVE it!

Wow - thanks for loving it!

And thanks for posting after so many years and so many sites!

I've run into a snag, one of the sites i am working on has about 10 or 11 different user groups (similar to author, editor, etc) I would like to make it possible to automatically add the user to the correct group using a field on the registration. Example being there will be a section where the users can choose their group with a radio button, i want it to automatically add that user to the group they choose, so we don't have to go into the backend every time someone registers to move them to a different group. Is this possible? Thanks in advance!

-Steve

Guess you need to upgrade to Professional membership and start using the CB Auto Actions plugin that can help you do this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon