Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Internet Explorer cannot save front end changes

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #196008 by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl
Internet Explorer cannot save front end changes was created by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl
Hi,

Users who try to edit their CB profile with Internet Explorer are not able to save the changes they've made. I've tested with FireFox on both Windows and Mac and these are running fine, Safari on the Mac has no problem either nor does Chrome on Windows.

I have IE9 installed on Windows 7 and I've set IE to different browser modes and different document compatibility modes. These make no difference. Also I've heard this issue from several users, I do not know all of their set-ups.

This problem has been there from the moment I've set up this site, using Joomla 1.5.25 and CB 1.7.1. In the mean time I upgraded to J 1.5.26 and CB 1.8.0. This did not solve the issue.

I hope someone knows how to 'repair' this problem. If necessary, I can give login details in a mail or pm.

Kind regards,
Frits
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 6 months ago #196018 by nant
The problem is most likely not CB.

To verify please install CB 1.8 on a clean (nothing else installed) Joomla 1.5.26 site and verify this.

12 years 6 months ago #196037 by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl
Replied by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl on topic Re: Internet Explorer cannot save front end changes
Hi Nick,

On a fresh J 1.5.26 site this issue cannot be replicated. So I would say that your answer is correct.

On the downside: now I have a new problem: what is the cause of this issue if it's not CB?

Could you take some time to have a look at this? In order to view the CB page, please click here .

Please let me know if you'll need the login details.

Frits

Moderators: beatnantkrileon