Skip to Content Skip to Menu

MS SQL Server Support?

12 years 6 months ago #196933 by wtpatterson
MS SQL Server Support? was created by wtpatterson
I would like to install Community Builder on a new Joomla 2.5.x site that will be running on MS SQL Server instead of MySQL because will will need to use some of my SQL Server reporting tools.

I just re-did a website and when I installed Commmunity Builder, I saw something about it not supporting MS SQL Server.

If it currently does not support MS SQL Server, then when will it? This is very iportant to me because I need to get this website started and it seems pefect for Community Builder, being a large church site that wants to build a community around the website.

Thanks!

Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 6 months ago #196950 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: MS SQL Server Support?

wtpatterson wrote: I would like to install Community Builder on a new Joomla 2.5.x site that will be running on MS SQL Server instead of MySQL because will will need to use some of my SQL Server reporting tools.

I just re-did a website and when I installed Commmunity Builder, I saw something about it not supporting MS SQL Server.

If it currently does not support MS SQL Server, then when will it? This is very iportant to me because I need to get this website started and it seems pefect for Community Builder, being a large church site that wants to build a community around the website.

Thanks!

Bill

You are correct.
CB currently does not support MS SQL server.

I don't know when it will be supported.
We do not have Microsoft support and sponsorship like the Joomla project did.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon