Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Write into database, that user agrees with TOS

• Preseren
  • Preseren
12 years 6 months ago #197399 by Preseren
So Im using the CB register page and the user needs to agree with the Terms & Conditions, and Im using the build Terms & Conditions option. What I need is to see at every user that has registered, that he/she has agreed with this option.
Any idea how to assure that?

Thanks,

Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 6 months ago #197452 by nant

Preseren wrote: So Im using the CB register page and the user needs to agree with the Terms & Conditions, and Im using the build Terms & Conditions option. What I need is to see at every user that has registered, that he/she has agreed with this option.
Any idea how to assure that?

Thanks,

Peter

Sorry, I do not understand what you are using.

If you have enabled the Terms and Conditions feature (part of core CB), then the fact that there is a record in your user database (CB User Manage and Joomla User Manager), means that this user accepted your terms - otherwise he would have never gotten past the registration form.

• Preseren
  • Preseren
12 years 6 months ago #197522 by Preseren
Yes, this is exactly what my problem is. I agree, if the user is in the database, this means, that he/she has agreed. But the law in my country says that I need a proof, that the person has agreed with Terms & Conditions. That means, that I need an extra field, that says, Yes, he clicked it. Any idea what I can do?
Thanks,

Peter

• nant
  • nant
12 years 6 months ago #197547 by nant

Preseren wrote: Yes, this is exactly what my problem is. I agree, if the user is in the database, this means, that he/she has agreed. But the law in my country says that I need a proof, that the person has agreed with Terms & Conditions. That means, that I need an extra field, that says, Yes, he clicked it. Any idea what I can do?
Thanks,

Peter

Then add an extra checkbox field to your registration process and make it mandatory.

I believe this was address before in the Professional support forums - even though you are a Free member you can search and see a more detailed response.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Preseren

Moderators: beatnantkrileon