Skip to Content Skip to Menu

sh404sef isn't letting Community Builder members l

• alsage13
  • alsage13
12 years 6 months ago #197801 by alsage13
We just launched a website last night and Community Builder was working just fine. But, once we went live and I turned sh404sef, it broke the CB login.

What happens is, when a user enters their login credentials, it redirects them back to the homepage (which it's not supposed to do), and it doesn't log them in. It's like this ugly circle of not-logged-inness.

When I turn sh404sef off, they can log in just fine.

Joomla, CB, and sh404sef are the most up to date versions. (FYI: I'm running Joomla 2.5).

The website is speakourlanguage.com . You can try logging in using the username "user" and password of "usertest".

I have no idea what the problem could be so any assistance is appreciated. THANK YOU!

I have posted this on the sh404sef forum, as well, because. I wasn't sure who'd be able to provide the best answers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 6 months ago #197830 by nant
Since things work with SEF off and Joomla SEF on, then issue is most likely related to your sh404sef extension.

Please post back solution when available from the devs.

• alsage13
  • alsage13
12 years 6 months ago #197835 by alsage13
Unfortunately it doesn't work with Joomla SEF, either. It only works when all SEF is turned off.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the developers and I'll post here if they find a solution.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 6 months ago #197837 by nant

alsage13 wrote: Unfortunately it doesn't work with Joomla SEF, either. It only works when all SEF is turned off.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the developers and I'll post here if they find a solution.

Works fine with Joomla SEF on my sites.

• alsage13
  • alsage13
12 years 6 months ago #197954 by alsage13
Replied by alsage13 on topic Re: sh404sef isn't letting CB members login
I just heard back from one of the sh404sef developers:

I'm sorry but your problem is on that CB login module, which uses relative urls on its forms, you should contact its developers and tell them about your problem. With default joomla login module it works as expected.

Anyone out in Community Builder land have any suggestions as to how I can proceed? This is causing some major issues with a client's site. Thank you!

• alsage13
  • alsage13
12 years 6 months ago #198424 by alsage13
Bump.

(An appreciative and somewhat desperate bump, but a bump nonetheless)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon