Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Different User Types

• canyonree
  • canyonree
12 years 6 months ago #198040 by canyonree
Different User Types was created by canyonree
Hi,

I've been using Jomsocial for a while, but i switched to Community Builder. I've got dozens of users which are just "registered" users. Now i want to create a modelling contest where users can register to be part of that contest. When someone registers to the competition i get an e-mail and can approve the request.

Here comes my "issue", is there a way to select a user in the back-end and mark them as a "model"? It's like giving them a different user profiletype called "model".

If that's possible, i want the approved models to be listed in a "user list" where logged in users can click on them and see the profile. After viewing te profile, they can click on a vote button.

Last but not least there will be a top voted list with the most voted models.

Is this possible to create with Community Builder? Or is there a similair way to achieve my goal?

I'm sorry if i'm asking too much, but i want to know if this is possible..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 6 months ago #198101 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Different User Types

canyonree wrote: Hi,

I've been using Jomsocial for a while, but i switched to Community Builder. I've got dozens of users which are just "registered" users. Now i want to create a modelling contest where users can register to be part of that contest. When someone registers to the competition i get an e-mail and can approve the request.

Here comes my "issue", is there a way to select a user in the back-end and mark them as a "model"? It's like giving them a different user profiletype called "model".

If that's possible, i want the approved models to be listed in a "user list" where logged in users can click on them and see the profile. After viewing te profile, they can click on a vote button.

Last but not least there will be a top voted list with the most voted models.

Is this possible to create with Community Builder? Or is there a similair way to achieve my goal?

I'm sorry if i'm asking too much, but i want to know if this is possible..

There are various possibilities.

1. CB Conditional plugin will allow you to show/hide CB tab/fields based on other CB field values.
2. CBSubs can also do this on a subscriptions basis (plan A subscribers see specific fields, etc.).

You can create user lists that are filtered off CB field values.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon