Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Registr Page: "You are not authorized to view ..."

• deonholt
  • deonholt
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #200790 by deonholt
Hi there and thank you for your help. I am brand new to CB after being advised that it will work best for my after posting on the Joomla! support forum.

My questions is related to my own trial & test site: www.learnjoomlah.co.za

I have installed everything according to the accompanying readme.txt file. For now I 1st want to try out a basic: register, login, logout, profile page/module. My 1st hurdle is that when I want to register, I get a message that I am not authorised to view the page. Why is that. Page permission is set to "Public". Why can this be?

Secondly, before I buy something, I need to know: Is it possible that registered users can read private messages sent to them?

If you need to access my admin side, please let me know; I will send you the login details since this is only my site for learning & trying out components.

Best regards,
Deon

EDIT:
I have just, out of frustration, changed the setting in the User Manager to accept new registrations. Now it works. Why does it work after the installation notes clearly specify to change this setting to not accept new registrations. Is this now right or wrong?

Regards
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by deonholt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 5 months ago #200859 by nant

deonholt wrote:
EDIT:
I have just, out of frustration, changed the setting in the User Manager to accept new registrations. Now it works. Why does it work after the installation notes clearly specify to change this setting to not accept new registrations. Is this now right or wrong?

Regards

Did you also have CB Configuration Registration tab setting:

Allow User Registration:

set to Yes?

• oburyak
  • oburyak
11 years 7 months ago #223666 by oburyak
I have upgraded from Joomla 2.5 to 2.8 and after upgraded from CB 1.8 to 1.9

Users click on "Register" link, CB Login module and are taken to proper registration page

www.yourdomain.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers

Fill out registration form click on "Register" button,

users are taken to www.yourdomain.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler

and see following message

You are not authorized to view this page!

I run a very busy site and at this point had to disable my highly customized CB login module and use basic joomla "Login Form" module.

I already read dozens of topics, I disabled SEO, turned off "allow user registration" via Joomla user configuration panel, made every single module and plug in public.

I deleted and installed back CB Login module and at this point dont know what to do.

any help, link to similar issues would be extremely helpful.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon