Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Problem installing CB

• Mrmint
  • Mrmint
12 years 4 months ago #201853 by Mrmint
Problem installing CB was created by Mrmint
Hi, I'm having a problem with joomla extension manager, I know this topic may be redundant but Ive sifted through lots of threads and found very little pertaining to my situation. I'm looking for a solution to this.

Running joomla 1.5.26 on Windows 7 with a localhost xampp server 1.7.1

PHP 5.2.9

Mysql 5.0.51a

I have successfully transferred my website from live server on hostgator into my localhost. Got the website up and running. No problem logging in or out of the admin area. I'm even able to install extensions through the extension manager. :laugh:
However, I appear to have trouble installing this component. :(

com_comprofiler unpacked from the Community Builder Zip.

When ever I try to install either I come back with this error:

Quote:
Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i PHP/5.2.9 Server at localhost Port 80

So far, I have looked at my php.ini configuration from other sources here on the forum I have been pointed to these two settings.

max_execution_time = 120

upload_max_filesize = 4M

They are the only settings I have changed. I looked at the size of CB and the com_comprofiler shows size of 2.11 mb. The upload_max_filesize adjustment should've taken care of that but it hasn't. Every time I try to upload either on my localhost I get the Bad Request message.

Joomla Administration panel>Help>System Info>Directory Permissions> Every shows green writeable, so its ready to go yet I still get that error when I try installing this component on my localhost.

Lastly, I've taken a look at the Apache error log and so far these are the errors it reads:

[Mon Jun 04 02:49:46 2012] [error] [client xxx.x.x.x] request failed: error reading the headers, referer: http://localhost/tsm/administrator/inde ... _installer
[Mon Jun 04 02:55:06 2012] [error] [client xxx.x.x.x] request failed: error reading the headers, referer: http://localhost/tsm/administrator/inde ... _installer
[Mon Jun 04 03:26:24 2012] [notice] Parent: Received shutdown signal -- Shutting down the server.
[Mon Jun 04 03:26:24 2012] [notice] Child 7888: Exit event signaled. Child process is ending.

Any ideas? When using CB on my hosting service I do not have this issue. Its only on my localhost. I'm at my wits end, I would like to use community builder please help. thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon