Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Specific Tab for user group

• skyli2
  • skyli2
12 years 4 months ago #202192 by skyli2
Replied by skyli2 on topic Re: Specific Tab for user group
Hi,

I've do this scheme, maybe it's easier to understand.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202215 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Specific Tab for user group
Sorry, its not easy to answer you, because you did almost 3 different descriptions! Now its the 4th...

In your first post you wanted to display the tabs for any visiter! End edit should be possible for certain managers (i assumed moderators/admins)... please, be more specific!

Your last screenshot is not EDIT mode... it is VIEW mode.

So, my last answer is not a total mistake. You just have to config CB Conditional plugin for profile EDIT and VIEW. Maybe all this does not make many sense to you... you have to use the plugin and tryout the possibilities on your own. In general, it should work for your application.

rough setup:

- setup a field cb_usertype
- let user choose the type on register
- (optionally assign user with CBautoActions to a J! usergroup, might be useful for other extensions on your site)
- create your tabs and assign fields (attention: empty tabs/fields do not show-up! Can be changed in CB global config)
- setup CB Conditional plugin for each tab: check field cb_usertype = yourtype1 then show/hide tabXYZ...
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by pepperstreet.

12 years 4 months ago #202279 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Specific Tab for user group
BTW, there is also a 3rd-Party product called CB Profile Pro . Caution: For full functionality it REPLACES the default CB Template! If CB updates, it is nessecary to get an updated version of CB Profile Pro.

I am mentioning this product, because it has a different and more visual approach to layout your Profiles. In some cases it is easier to work with. And it gives you some possibilities for a lower price tag... so, if money is an issue, it might be worth a look.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon