Skip to Content Skip to Menu

still no search module

• jakobe75
  • jakobe75
12 years 3 months ago #205424 by jakobe75
still no search module was created by jakobe75
well its been several years and dozens of version...but there is still no way to properly create a customized search for CB profiles.

Many addons have tried and none seem to have the solution.
some focus only on zip code radius and gender ..other focus on the cb lists...none of them give the option to just pick which fields you want to display in a module and then be able to customize the output of the results..some have images, others dont, some have a horizontal display others are fixed vertical.

The biggest complaint I get from my users is the lack of an easy way to search profiles.

all we need was a simple module that would allow you to pick any field to be searchable. and then choose how you want the results displayed. grid/list/thumbs/no thumbs/..etc

CB Advanced Search is the only component that came close and but it is riddled with bugs and inconsistencies (for example no itemid support)

I am at a loss at what to do...I am really having a hard time creating content rich communities if users cannot search profiles intuitively based on the fields that I setup.

The regular stock cb core search still has issues with avatars and page display.

this should be a #1 priority and included in the download package.

I have purchased , downloaded and installed every CB search product on the market currently...and none have a complete and easy solution.

tips, advice and guidance are welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #205448 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: still no search module
did you try the CB User list searching mechanism?

12 years 2 months ago #208658 by
Replied by on topic Re: still no search module
I assume he did...

Currently having the issue that "Search criteria" completely disappeared from my user lists - even though I spent hours trying to find out where I missed a setting. Of course the fields are set to "searchable", of course the List search options are configured to display the listed ones to be searched. Could be a conflict with CBSubs field access settings? But who knows... I am very close to abandoning CB for my projects.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 months ago #208662 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: still no search module

matthiasbehrends wrote: I assume he did...

Currently having the issue that "Search criteria" completely disappeared from my user lists - even though I spent hours trying to find out where I missed a setting. Of course the fields are set to "searchable", of course the List search options are configured to display the listed ones to be searched. Could be a conflict with CBSubs field access settings? But who knows... I am very close to abandoning CB for my projects.

Please start new thread - post your version numbers and your specific issue.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon