Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Cannot complete registration

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #205527 by trogladyte
Cannot complete registration was created by trogladyte
Joomla 1.5.6
CB 1.8

I made a user in the backend and enabled him. He can log into the backend, but not the frontend. Trying to log into the frontend has an email sent to him with a confirmation code (I have a CB Profile menu item in a hidden menu which is public and published). Clicking the confirmation link gets an error:

"You are not authorized to access this page!
You need to log in."

Trying to log in gives this error:

"Your registration process is not yet complete! Please check again your email for further instructions that have just been resent. If you don't find the email, check your spam-box. Make sure that your email account options are not set to immediately delete spam. If that was the case, just try logging in again to receive a new instructions email."

I can log into the frontend OK, but that was set up prior to CB being installed.

Any ideas?
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by trogladyte.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #205786 by trogladyte
I guess it has to do with setting the user up in the backend of Joomla only. As I have set up CB to ask for other info (birthdate, etc) I'm guessing that the registration can't be completed because Joomla's registration info is less than what CB wants for a registration.

I made a new registration from the frontend and everything worked as expected. I'm thinking that any backend registration needs to be done in CB or linked through to CB from Joomla's users.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon