Skip to Content Skip to Menu

You guys are great. Joomlapolis appreciation topic

• tommytoxen
  • tommytoxen
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #205804 by tommytoxen
So I've just been going over some of my old posts to see if I've forgotten any bugs or glitches I needed looking at, and realized I've done a lot of requests for help but have never taken the time to let you know how much it's all appreciated.

So here it is, to the Joomlapolis team - thank you! You guys are great.

Sometimes we may come across as annoying and ungrateful because we post when a bit stressed and agitated trying to fix something but we do appreciate the service and products you provide.

My community site has now fully launched as of 2 days ago, with full dynamic profiles, chat rooms, discussion forums, private messaging, friend finding and more features to come over the next coming weeks once I've tweaked and polished the rest of the community off - and none of this would have been possible without Joomlapolis.

I'd say my pro subscription is money well spent and I'd buy it all over again if I had to.

I would really appreciate some unbiased, honest feedback/suggestions/critique on the site. Especially to do with the CB profiles - what features can I implement with a little bit of coding etc in your opinion. www.justfriendlychat.com - I've disabled e-mail confirmation so registration is real quick. Take a look at the profiles and if you have any ideas of how I can 'bring them to life' a bit I'm all ears!

I'm currently searching high & low for a "hug/kiss/wink" etc feature but can't seem to find one yet, so I may have to have a good read of the Joomla resource docs and see if I can't code one myself.

But anyway back to the thread - let's all take a little time out for just two seconds from posting our problems, and spend it posting our appreciation instead.

Thank you Joomlapolis! B)
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by tommytoxen. Reason: Grammar fail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat, nant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #205812 by nant

tommytoxen wrote: So I've just been going over some of my old posts to see if I've forgotten any bugs or glitches I needed looking at, and realized I've done a lot of requests for help but have never taken the time to let you know how much it's all appreciated.

So here it is, to the Joomlapolis team - thank you! You guys are great.

Sometimes we may come across as annoying and ungrateful because we post when a bit stressed and agitated trying to fix something but we do appreciate the service and products you provide.

My community site has now fully launched as of 2 days ago, with full dynamic profiles, chat rooms, discussion forums, private messaging, friend finding and more features to come over the next coming weeks once I've tweaked and polished the rest of the community off - and none of this would have been possible without Joomlapolis.

I'd say my pro subscription is money well spent and I'd buy it all over again if I had to.

I shan't post the link as I'm unsure of the spamming rules here, but if anyone would like to PM me I would really appreciate some unbiased, honest feedback/suggestions/critique on the site. Especially to do with the CB profiles - what features can I implement with a little bit of coding etc in your opinion.

I'm currently searching high & low for a "hug/kiss/wink" etc feature but can't seem to find one yet, so I may have to have a good read of the Joomla resource docs and see if I can't code one myself.

But anyway back to the thread - let's all take a little time out for just two seconds from posting our problems, and posting our appreciation.

Thank you Joomlapolis! B)

Wow - THANK YOU for taking the time to post this nice message - makes my day!

BTW you can post a link here also, but to get better feedback on your site, you should post in the showcase forum here:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/16-cb-showcase
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommytoxen

• tommytoxen
  • tommytoxen
12 years 3 months ago #205816 by tommytoxen
Done, thanks!

And you're welcome. I'm guilty of being a bit of a stress-head sometimes, I give myself so much to do that I get buried in it haha. But now things have calmed down and the site's live and users are reporting back positive comments to me thought I'd come thank the guys that made it possible.

I just figured out how to use the delimiter fields, so going to experiment with that, see what site features I can come up with using it. The ajax fields are awesome too. CB is so powerful when you scratch the surface!

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #205825 by nant

tommytoxen wrote:
I just figured out how to use the delimiter fields, so going to experiment with that, see what site features I can come up with using it. The ajax fields are awesome too. CB is so powerful when you scratch the surface!

Yes, the delimiter field and its functionality is very powerful and once mastered you will see how many different use cases you can support with it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon