Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB triggerd by DocMan to send email?

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #207092 by Humandecoy
CB triggerd by DocMan to send email? was created by Humandecoy
Hi,

I have been struggling (together with support people from ACL and DocMan) to find a solution to a big problem The problem is that the system is triggered to send an email (titled "Test") to all registered users of the website whenever a file is uploaded into DocMan.

The website is of a client of mine that was recently revamped and upgraded (from Joomla 1.5) to Joomla 2.5.6. with the help of a developers.

My client is really unhappy as they never send emails to website users (it is a pension fund).

Together with the developer we looked at every possible angle and it is now quite sure the problem is not in DocMan or ACL (the mass mailing program).

I looked at CB and I now think this is where the problem originates. Anyone any idea how to find it?

Thank you.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Humandecoy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 months ago #207093 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB triggerd by DocMan to send email?
Sorry, I cannot see this having anything to do with CB.

Do you even have CB installed ? Sorry you didn't mention so I am asking.

If things worked before migrating from Joomla 1.5 to Jooml1 2.5, then obviously something happened during the migration.

I am not aware of any such trigger in docman, so I have to assume that some sort of hack was implemented in DOCman (unless there is a DOCman API I am not aware of). And I am assuming that the hack was not compatible with the Joomla upgrade.

Sorry not much more I can help with as it is not a CB issue imo.

12 years 2 months ago #207094 by Humandecoy
Replied by Humandecoy on topic Re: CB triggerd by DocMan to send email?
Hi Nick, thanks.

Having exhausted all other options, I wanted to rule out all modules with mass mailing capabilities. I can now exclude CB, which is in fact installed on the system. A hack seems unlikely as it is a straightforward corporate website built properly, but I am not a developer so I can't tell. Thanks anyway.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon