Skip to Content Skip to Menu

A Comprehensive "how to" migrated CB to 2.5

• kross76
  • kross76
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #207520 by kross76
I've looked thru the forum and the site and cannot find a comprehensive "how to" migrate CB from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5. I've got CB 1.8.1 installed. I'm particularly concerned about insuring passwords remain the same and migrating photos too. I realize CB Juice can do some of this, but will it do it all? Isn't there a way to just move the db tables?

Just adding one more thought. At first glance, it would seem we could just export and then import the tables into MySQL assume the Joomla system converted the basic user information, and assuming the user id's remain the same. Is there a flaw in this logic? Are there some tables that are different and some the same?
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by kross76. Reason: added a thought

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #207531 by nant

kross76 wrote: I've looked thru the forum and the site and cannot find a comprehensive "how to" migrate CB from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5. I've got CB 1.8.1 installed. I'm particularly concerned about insuring passwords remain the same and migrating photos too. I realize CB Juice can do some of this, but will it do it all? Isn't there a way to just move the db tables?

Just adding one more thought. At first glance, it would seem we could just export and then import the tables into MySQL assume the Joomla system converted the basic user information, and assuming the user id's remain the same. Is there a flaw in this logic? Are there some tables that are different and some the same?

CB 1.8.1 is compatible with all Joomla versions.

If you use jUpgrade to migrate your Joomla site it will also handle CB related data.

Yes you have a flaw in your logic as the Joomla tables have changed.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by nant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon