Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Lots of problems with CB since J2.5. and 1.8.1

• LenajL
  • LenajL
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #207820 by LenajL
Hi there!

I have lots of problems with CB 1.8.1 and Joomla 2.5.

1. as already postet: password recovery makes problems, see my Post

2. user redirection after timeout automatic logout, see my Post

3. Redirect to index.php after registration instead of massage that it has been successful

4. confirmationmail is not sent automatically, need always to go in backend and resend it

5. Link in confirmation mail ends in "you have no permission to this site"...
when clicking the link twice it comes the message, that password is sent to the mailadress - but it sends nothing

6. activation is set to "no" in configuration, but the activation is not made automatically, i always have to activate manually

7. after manual activation there is not sent an email with userdata to the user, which he needs because i set up registration with automatic password

its really making me nervous that nobody is answering. I know weather is good, and maybe you are not all infront of your pc's but my community is still not working since days :(

Hope to hear from you asap
Regards
Lena
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by LenajL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 months ago #207883 by nant

LenajL wrote: Hi there!

I have lots of problems with CB 1.8.1 and Joomla 2.5.

1. as already postet: password recovery makes problems, see my Post

2. user redirection after timeout automatic logout, see my Post

3. Redirect to index.php after registration instead of massage that it has been successful

4. confirmationmail is not sent automatically, need always to go in backend and resend it

5. Link in confirmation mail ends in "you have no permission to this site"...
when clicking the link twice it comes the message, that password is sent to the mailadress - but it sends nothing

6. activation is set to "no" in configuration, but the activation is not made automatically, i always have to activate manually

7. after manual activation there is not sent an email with userdata to the user, which he needs because i set up registration with automatic password

its really making me nervous that nobody is answering. I know weather is good, and maybe you are not all infront of your pc's but my community is still not working since days :(

Hope to hear from you asap
Regards
Lena

The free community forums are really meant for community members to help each other.

The CB Team members only sparsely monitor these posts and there is no guarantee of an answer at all from CB Team members.

People requiring better support need to consider upgrading their membership:
www.joomlapolis.com/memberships

That said, I have just installed a fresh joomla 2.5.6 website and followed installation instructions (included in the CB 1.8.1 package) and have no issues like the ones you posted.

Which means ...

a. you did not follow instructions
b. something else you installed or your environment are causing these issues

Regarding the redirect, please note we also have a free joomla redirect plugin (in Free download area) that redirects any joomla registration/login urls to their CB equivalent.

• LenajL
  • LenajL
12 years 2 months ago #207931 by LenajL
Why do you answer if you'r not willed to help!? I made everything right - followed the instruction as i should. Such an answer ist not very helpful for people using CB since years! ...but i've seen that you give a lot of such answers in this forum.

I found the problem by myself and it was the CB redirect causing all this problems. When I disabled it everything was fine.

Closed!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon