Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Is it possible to migrate from JomSocial to CB?

12 years 1 month ago #209512 by ryanoutboard
Greetings

I am currently using JomSocial on my site, but am getting frustrated at the lack of support for using the JomSocial content on other pages in my site, or the ability to modify the template. It seems from what I've read and tried, CB fits the bill for me as I have no concerns about setting things up and managing modules across menu items/pages.

Is there a migrator tool available from Joomlapolis or a 3rd party to migrate user information, photos, etc?

Thanks,

Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 1 month ago #209533 by nant

ryanoutboard wrote: Greetings

I am currently using JomSocial on my site, but am getting frustrated at the lack of support for using the JomSocial content on other pages in my site, or the ability to modify the template. It seems from what I've read and tried, CB fits the bill for me as I have no concerns about setting things up and managing modules across menu items/pages.

Is there a migrator tool available from Joomlapolis or a 3rd party to migrate user information, photos, etc?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi and thanks for posting.

There is no such tool that I know of.

You should be able to migrate user profile data (fields, etc) using CB Juice, but you would have to manually export this data from your existing database to create the needed csv text file first.

The other migration items would need migration scripts unfortunately.

• lagen
  • lagen
12 years 2 weeks ago #211707 by lagen
We are many people that are stucked in Jomsocial and want to leave them.

I think it's would be great if you provide a migrate tools same Jomsocial have for people want to migrate from CB to Jomsocial.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 weeks ago #211731 by nant

lagen wrote: We are many people that are stucked in Jomsocial and want to leave them.

I think it's would be great if you provide a migrate tools same Jomsocial have for people want to migrate from CB to Jomsocial.

Yup, many people are attracted to the eye-candy look - understandable.

CB imo is really a different tool - more powerful and flexible and there are many more possibilities and potential with the cool extensions (plugins, CBSubs, bootstrap, etc.).

I understand your request, but our (impo) top priority is to support our users with new features, greatest support ever, etc. Developing and maintaining such a migration tool might make as richer but would also take away resources from our core task.

Any third-party developer can create such a migration tool and give it back to the community.

• lagen
  • lagen
12 years 2 weeks ago #211750 by lagen
Okey I understand.

Not much to then, I wish you good luck with CB :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon