Skip to Content Skip to Menu

New User Confirmation BUG?

• anydaytv
  • anydaytv
12 years 1 week ago #212439 by anydaytv
New User Confirmation BUG? was created by anydaytv
Hi, I have email confirmation turned off throughout my entire site, and inside community builder -- however when a new person registers it says in their profile ''user is waiting for moderator confirmation.''

When I actually go to the back end and click the user's name to edit their status, it already says they are approved and after clicking save (and doing nothing) the account is fine.

This is a strange bug, can someone help me out here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pirtniex
  • Pirtniex
11 years 10 months ago #216087 by Pirtniex
Replied by Pirtniex on topic Re: New User Confirmation BUG?
Hi,

I also have this bug and need to say that I got his bug after update from CB 1.8 to CB 1.9 version.

After registration throw the CB registration (the default Joomla registration is set to No) the user status in CB administration show "waiting for confirmation" and "not approved" but I have CB registration configuration "require admin approval - no" and "require email confirmation - no".
The user after registration try to login and got a message:
This user has not yet confirmed his email address and account!
This user has not yet been approved by a moderator!

Interesting but in Joomla CMS user management the user status is "enabled" and "activated". And if I push on "synchronize users" in CB tools manager then user is confirmed and approved in the CB user management too!

And what else. If I push Edit user in the CB user management (while the status is showing waiting for confirmation and not approved) then in the user edit page I see that the params are: Approve user: Approved and Confirm user: Yes.

Where is the problem??? Maybe it is possible to make a new Auto Action plugin with parameters "synchronize users" on trigger "OnAfterUserRegistration". If yes how I can do this?

• Pirtniex
  • Pirtniex
11 years 10 months ago #216088 by Pirtniex
Replied by Pirtniex on topic Re: New User Confirmation BUG?
SOLVED!

This is not a CB bug!

Find the issue in the Joomla plugins. Just have disabled Authentication-Salted and Autologin plugins (they are used for Joomla autologin after registration) and now all is working fine when user register throw CB.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

• geet123
  • geet123
11 years 6 months ago #225784 by geet123
Replied by geet123 on topic Re: New User Confirmation BUG?
i didn't find authentication-salted and autologin plugin..what else i can do for this..

Moderators: beatnantkrileon