Skip to Content Skip to Menu

cb search addon

• kenb101
  • kenb101
11 years 11 months ago #213683 by kenb101
cb search addon was created by kenb101
Hello, Can anyone give me any information on how to use this plugin? I uploaded it in the plugin manager and I understand it works with the Joomla search form. I set up a joomla search on my home page, but it doesn't work with cb profiles. How do I incorporate this addon with Joomla search?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 11 months ago #213687 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: cb search addon

kenb101 wrote: Hello, Can anyone give me any information on how to use this plugin? I uploaded it in the plugin manager and I understand it works with the Joomla search form. I set up a joomla search on my home page, but it doesn't work with cb profiles. How do I incorporate this addon with Joomla search?

You need to install the Joomla plugin using your Joomla 2.5 installer.
Publish the plugin from Joomla plugin manager.
Select which CB fields are to be searchable from the parameter area of your just installed plugin.
Make sure these CB fields have been configured as searchable in CB field manager area.
Make sure that these fields are published in tabs that are shown on profile.
Finally if you have CB privacy plugin you need to make sure these fields are not protected (if they are then they are might be hidden from searching for some users that have marked them as private).

• kenb101
  • kenb101
11 years 11 months ago #213690 by kenb101
Replied by kenb101 on topic Re: cb search addon
I installed it and configured it exactly as you recomended but still no luck. Do I have to disable any of the existing joomla search plugins?

• kenb101
  • kenb101
11 years 11 months ago #213692 by kenb101
Replied by kenb101 on topic Re: cb search addon
I finally got it to work. after the search, it displays the profile link(user name). is there a way to configure the search to go directly to the profile itself(open the profile) instead of showing the search results?

• nant
  • nant
11 years 11 months ago #213693 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: cb search addon

kenb101 wrote: I finally got it to work. after the search, it displays the profile link(user name). is there a way to configure the search to go directly to the profile itself(open the profile) instead of showing the search results?

That's how joomla search works - gives you results and you select the one you want.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon