Skip to Content Skip to Menu

tab order - public vs members

• ln888
  • ln888
11 years 11 months ago #213892 by ln888
tab order - public vs members was created by ln888
Hi... searching on Kunena is horrible...
too many search matches since I am using such common words...
Also the documentation is a bit vague on the following issues I am being confronted with... so I am posting HERE

FIRST - I need to know how to change the order of the tabs, so that WALL is NOT FIRST... but ABOUT is....

SECOND (and probably more important)... how can I have it so that ONLY GUESTS can see the "about" tab... but then only group members can see the rest of it (not just 'registered'... but only GROUP members)... like the wall, files... etc.

So.. I want the public (guests or registered) to KNOW that there's a group there, but only to see the "about" tab. Then registered can apply to be a member of the group. Once they are member of the group, then they will see all the rest of the tabs...

Does that make sense?

Thank you for your help...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rlicopoli
  • rlicopoli
11 years 11 months ago #214559 by rlicopoli
Replied by rlicopoli on topic Re: tab order - public vs members
First: assuming you know where the "field management is" in community builder component, change the order of the fields. You can move "Wall" down in order to move it on the tabs.

Second: Hide the "about" field. Create a new menu link to it and then change the permissions of the menu link to the group member. In 2.5 plus, you can create custom groups. It's awesome. Hopefully this helps.

In order to really take advantage of the power of community builder, i don't use tabs. they are cheap looking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon