Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Translation

11 years 11 months ago #214072 by Bit STupid
Translation was created by Bit STupid
Hi guys

I am using CB 1.8.1 on Joom 2.5

I use just the basics of CB at the moment with the view to increasing this somewhat once I actually have a community!
My question is this, I am building a multilingual site on Joomla and obviously want to have CB in Multiple Languages, I can find various plug-ins etc for (Chinese simple & Traditional are my 2 key languages) my site but these all seem to be for old CB versions and old Joomla Versions.

Is there proper full language packs for CB or is it something that is not too technical to create myself?
Ideally I would like the language translations just for the user-front end not so much for the back end.
For the basics do I even need a full language pack can I just have 3 subscription forms with the fields created in different languages (I know this option is way messier but maybe a starting point). Naturally with the right subscription to enable me to do this.

Mucho thanks in advance guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 11 months ago #214163 by Bit STupid
Replied by Bit STupid on topic Re: Translation
Thanks Nick, and believe me I did look, but when you are looking blind on a totally new thing sometimes you just can't see what is infront of you!

So I have found the Simplified Chinese language pack ready made and complete which is great, the Traditional one seemed to be based on an old CB Version and files were missing.

At some point I will get around to creating a language pack for this (just a few other things to get around to first) as it seems fairly straightforward with the help of the wiki and an already created translation pack. Naturally am happy to share this with everyone once I have gotten onto it. How do I go about doing this? I will be working with temp translators (Chinese is not my language) so I do not think that I would be qualified to Volunteer (plus I am not really a developer just someone who can figure out most things through sense, instructions, forums and google!).

Just one other thing (sorry total noob here) it says to save with utf-8 encoding without BOM. Not sure on this, I simply intend to make the adjustments in notepad++ (dreamweaver is a bit heavy going for this kind of adjustments and my simple skills or lack thereof). Is there anything special I need to do when saving?

• nant
  • nant
11 years 11 months ago #214169 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon