Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to allow unregistered visitors to email members

11 years 11 months ago #214362 by gregdevice
Hi, this has probably been discussed, but I couldn't find anything by searching.

Currently when the email field is exposed a "Send Email" link is shown on the member profile, unregistered visitors do not have permission to send emails to members. I'm testing the CB Public Mail plugin, but I like the idea of only displaying a "contact me" link that would either take visitors to a separate form or just pop up an email client. Does anyone have any direction they can point me in to make something like this work? I just don't want to display a form on the member page.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 11 months ago #214384 by nant

gregdevice wrote: Hi, this has probably been discussed, but I couldn't find anything by searching.

Currently when the email field is exposed a "Send Email" link is shown on the member profile, unregistered visitors do not have permission to send emails to members. I'm testing the CB Public Mail plugin, but I like the idea of only displaying a "contact me" link that would either take visitors to a separate form or just pop up an email client. Does anyone have any direction they can point me in to make something like this work? I just don't want to display a form on the member page.

Thanks in advance!

You can configure CB to show email addresses by default.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon