Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can't Open User Profiles

• lowtech
  • lowtech
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #215897 by lowtech
Can't Open User Profiles was created by lowtech
Hello!

I am running Joomla 2.5.8 since late September. A week or so ago I started getting a white blank page when I clicked on a user's name (including super users) in User Management but I was busy and did nothing until today, when I updated with the latest version (1.9) hoping that would take care of it, but that didn't help.

All I get when I click on a name is a blank white page and the page tab shows the URL for the admin login address.

It feels like a DB error. But everything is green in the CB Tools checks.

I don't have enough technical knowhow to figure it out.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Lowtech

Since yesterday I have more information. I ran Firebug while trying to bring up a member's page and Firebug gave the following explanation of the failure, an explanation I am unable to apply to this issue. :)

"The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol."

The problem also occurs in Internet Explorer and in Google Chrome.

Thanks again,

Lowtech
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by lowtech. Reason: clarification

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lowtech
  • lowtech
11 years 10 months ago #216515 by lowtech
Replied by lowtech on topic Re: Can't Open User Profiles
Hi!

Everything is working normally again. Since I don't understand the software, I uninstalled everything except the login module, downloaded and then deleted the DB, and did a fresh install. Then I replaced the new DB files I had customized with the the old. Then I was v. careful to examine and set all the configurations correctly.

Typical workaround for someone who hasn't a clue. This software was designed by geniuses to be run by me. :lol:

Best,

Lowtech

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon