Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Recommended Add ons!

• 83dons
  • 83dons
11 years 10 months ago #216712 by 83dons
Recommended Add ons! was created by 83dons
Hi I am putting together a sports site which uses forums as an important part.

Can you recommend for me (I have joomla 2.5.8 and Community Builder 1.9) the folowing add ons:

1 - Forum (need sto be able to display the 20 latest topics on the home page of the website)
2 - Private messaging system (or would that be part of forum system)
3 - Easy to use Calendar where admin can add events which upcoming ones can be displayed on home page
4 - Document/Download management system for admin/users to upload documents
5 - Gallery system where admin and users can upload photos
6 - SOme kind of social media links module with facebook/twitter etc. First of all to allow presetnation of our twitter and facebook feed and also perhaps to integrate login with the website and facebook and twitter so that content can be used on both site and social media if posted?
7 - SOme kind of sports league management software that intengrated with diary and user details would be ideal so we can put on fixtures, results and perhaps rankings systems.
8 - Some kind of advertising module where we can display client adverts
9 - Some kind of maps integration that we can display the location of sporting venues on
10 - Some kind of payment system where players can pay for event entry direct through the website perhaps using paypal would be the easiest.

Thanks in advance! Saves trawling for hours through forums.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 10 months ago #216741 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Recommended Add ons!

83dons wrote: Hi I am putting together a sports site which uses forums as an important part.

Can you recommend for me (I have joomla 2.5.8 and Community Builder 1.9) the folowing add ons:

will try ...

1 - Forum (need sto be able to display the 20 latest topics on the home page of the website)

Kunena with its modules.

uddeIM - also has good integration with CB and Kunena.

3 - Easy to use Calendar where admin can add events which upcoming ones can be displayed on home page

My personal experience is with google calendar - there is a Joomla extension that supports it.

DOCman, Remository, Phoca are extensions that I would choose from.

CB Profile Gallery plugin might work for you (Advanced membership needed) or you can test some of the extensions available on the JED (sorry no experience here).

6 - SOme kind of social media links module with facebook/twitter etc. First of all to allow presetnation of our twitter and facebook feed and also perhaps to integrate login with the website and facebook and twitter so that content can be used on both site and social media if posted?

First part can be handled with any of the many extensions available on the JED.

Second part for login you can use Facebook and Twitter connect (available to Advanced members) or CB Connect that also gives you Linkedin, Google+ and Windows live (Professional membership needed for CB connect).

7 - SOme kind of sports league management software that intengrated with diary and user details would be ideal so we can put on fixtures, results and perhaps rankings systems.

No idea.

Doesn't Joomla banner help?
If not no idea / recommendation.

9 - Some kind of maps integration that we can display the location of sporting venues on

Many available on the JED. If you integrate Google calendar then you can use its mapping for events.

10 - Some kind of payment system where players can pay for event entry direct through the website perhaps using paypal would be the easiest.

Might be able to use CBSubs or if not you should seach for an events attendance extension on the JED.

Thanks in advance! Saves trawling for hours through forums.

Hope you can help others by answering other forum posts also ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83dons

• 83dons
  • 83dons
11 years 10 months ago #216750 by 83dons
Replied by 83dons on topic Re: Recommended Add ons!
Hi

Thanks for that so at the moment i think I have:

KUNENA

UDDELM

GOOGLE CALENDAR + ??? JOOMLA EXTENSION

DOCMAN

??? I ONLY REALLY NEED A WEBSITE-WIDE GALLERY FOR ALL MEMBERS TO VIEW AND BE ABLE TO SUBMIT TO AS WELL AS OPTION TO ADD PROFILE PHOTOS FOR EACH USER

??? JOOMLA EXTENSION TO PROVIDE SOCIAL MEDIA SUMMARIES ON SITE
??? MAYBE CB CONNECT FOR EXTRA FUNCTIONALITY AND LINKING CONTENT ON WEBSITE TO SOCIAL MEDIA

???

??? IDEALLY JUST A BLOCK WITH WEB LINKED ADVERTS IN IT

??? VARIOUS JOOMLA EXTENSIONS

??? CBSUBS OR A JOOMLA EVENTS EXTENSION

Oh forgot to say we also require:

11 - A last seen module fro l/h side of the home page so can see who has all recently logged in to the site. Also perhaps a list of those who recently registered with the site.

Thanks again keep the suggestions coming!

• 83dons
  • 83dons
11 years 10 months ago #216821 by 83dons
Replied by 83dons on topic Re: Recommended Add ons!
Any last thoughts from anyone on the ??? ones above?

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon