Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Adding information to user approval

11 years 10 months ago #217293 by pyromaster
Adding information to user approval was created by pyromaster
I would like to know if there is a way to add information to the pendingapprovaluser page. I would like to add one of the custom fields from the registration page to the information on that list. It would help in tossing out spammers and such. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,
D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bcraigie
  • bcraigie
11 years 2 months ago #231177 by bcraigie
Replied by bcraigie on topic Adding information to user approval
I would like to do this too. The default pendingapprovaluser page doesn't have enough information for our moderators to make an informed choice.

Maybe someone else has figured it out by now. If I find an answer myself, I shall post it on here.

Brian

• bcraigie
  • bcraigie
11 years 2 months ago #231180 by bcraigie
Actually, the pending user's username is hyperlinked to their profile page, so you can actually see the information they provided before you approve or reject them. So that almost provides what you want. :cheer:

However, even the admin cannot see the personal information that is set to not display in the profile. It would be handy if the admins could see everything in a person's profile, even if set not to display to everyone else. I see in another post, a reference to the Privacy plugin. Before I pay for that it would be good if someone can confirm that plugin would give us this facility?

• nant
  • nant
11 years 2 months ago #231182 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Adding information to user approval
you can add extra information and fields to be included in the pending approval email that is sent to all moderators.

• bcraigie
  • bcraigie
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #231318 by bcraigie
Thanks.

I have now tested this and my moderators are not receiving the email you mention. Plus, it is more convenient to display this message on the approval page.

[EDIT I've found out how to turn on moderator emails. I've searched the documentation and cannot see how to add fields to the Action Required email that moderators receive]

I've now bought an advanced membership. Is there a plugin available to achieve this?
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bcraigie. Reason: adding more info

• nant
  • nant
11 years 2 months ago #231351 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Adding information to user approval

bcraigie wrote: Thanks.

I have now tested this and my moderators are not receiving the email you mention. Plus, it is more convenient to display this message on the approval page.

[EDIT I've found out how to turn on moderator emails. I've searched the documentation and cannot see how to add fields to the Action Required email that moderators receive]

I've now bought an advanced membership. Is there a plugin available to achieve this?

Now that you are an Advanced member please post your support issues on the Advanced support forum.

You should be able to simply edit the relevant language string in the language.php file of your language plugin and just add field substitutions to it like [cb_filename].

Moderators: beatnantkrileon