Website field adding domain info to link

• awiggin
  • awiggin
11 years 7 months ago #222177 by awiggin
Hello,

CB 1.9
CBJuice2
Joomla 2.5.9

When using a custom website field, I'm experiencing an odd behavior that I haven't found mentioned on this forum.

If I enter in a web address into a member profile, it appends the address with my domain (i.e., www.mydomain.com/memberwebaddress.com ) which, of course, 404s. As an aside, CB also removes the http:// from the field in the profile.

All the website data that I imported using CBjuice2 works fine, although interestingly, it kept the "http://" part of the address.

Currently, I'm testing this on a mirror. Could that be the culprit?

Thank you for your time and expertise!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• awiggin
  • awiggin
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #222489 by awiggin
Replied by awiggin on topic Website field adding domain info to link
Oh, and the forum post here is the exact same issue:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/214282-adding-links-in-contact-info-section#214282

Krileon attempted to help, but I don't think the issue is about substitution (though the OP could have been clearer, they were new to all of this, too).

Ideas?

BTW - this was moved from the bug forum by a moderator. Seems like a bug, but I assume they know their business!)

Edit: Could be that CB is pulling from the System SEF plugin in Joomla incorrectly (or that something was changed in the SEF plugin recently). Nick (aka Nant) opened a bug ticket with Joomla about another SEF issue:

groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups&hl=en#!topic/joomlabugsquad/PYigFjCVQLA
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by awiggin.

• awiggin
  • awiggin
11 years 7 months ago #222573 by awiggin
Replied by awiggin on topic Website field adding domain info to link
Still not sure why CB is being contrary.

For other users searching this forum, I'm providing info on how I solved my specific problem via workaround, documented (such as it is) here.

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=626&t=793913&p=3002114#p3002114

Included are multiple thread references, in case my workaround doesn't fit your situation.

Cheers.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon