Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Resend Email Confirmation

• ronfish
  • ronfish
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #224678 by ronfish
Resend Email Confirmation was created by ronfish
Hi everyone. After about30 mins of searching google and the forums, I couldn't find a clear-cut answer on how someone would resend a confirmation email to a user, in particular someone who had perhaps logged in previously but forgotten their login or password.

Rather than digging around and wasting time, verifying they are using correct login, or changing passwords and so on (any system admin will tell you in a reasonably sized community/workforce this can happen a lot..!), I wanted a simple method of just taking the one call from staff and sending a confirm mail out, and problem solved.

Since I couldn't find one here (though I did find several related solutions) I decided to post what I found, perhaps it will help another user sometime.

1. Find the User you need to resend a confirmation email to
2. Edit the User
3. Set the "Confirm User" option from 'Yes' to 'No'
4. Save the User
5. Edit the User (again)
6. Set the "Confirm User" option back to 'Yes'
7. Save the User
8. Select the check box next to the User's name
9. Click the "Resend Confirmations" button

You will likely see a message saying that 0 emails were sent, however using a test account/email you have access to, you should discover that an email HAS in fact been sent.

The system allocates a random password (in the same way as creating a user without setting a password does).

In this way, anytime a member claims they cannot access your site, you simply follow these steps, which are fairly simple and fast, and the User is then responsible for everything else.

I hope this is useful, and if anyone finds any errors please reply, though I have tested it a couple of times with no problems.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by ronfish.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon