Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Public and registered permissions on CB user lists

11 years 5 months ago #226101 by AlphaCharlie
Hi. Super CB noob here.

I have a requirement to display certain user lists to different groups. For example, I have a Joomla User Group called Board Members. I want a menu item to display this list to anyone who visits the site.

I also have other User Groups that need to be only accessible to registered members.

Is this possible? (note that some users are members of both groups). That just gave me a thought... Maybe I need to duplicate the Board Member Users and make these duplicates members of the Board Members Group...?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• aprilm
  • aprilm
11 years 5 months ago #226356 by aprilm
The way I accomplish this is to create a list in CB and set the View Access Level: to Public for one list and registered for the other list.

Does that make sense? Good luck!

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #226375 by AlphaCharlie
Replied by AlphaCharlie on topic Public and registered permissions on CB user lists
Hi. Thanks for your reply, but I tried that. Unfortunately, If I am a public user, I can see the (public) list, but The email link does not work, because I need to be signed in!

Is there a way around this, (i.e. sending email as a public user, to people on the public list)?

[EDIT: Search is your friend :) Just found CB Public Mail. Will test that].

Thanks - AC
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by AlphaCharlie. Reason: Found answer by searching

Moderators: beatnantkrileon