Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB 1.9 403 Error on Login

11 years 5 months ago #226258 by darkcircuituk
CB 1.9 403 Error on Login was created by darkcircuituk
Hey all,

I've been struggling with getting the community builder login module working for a while now and I keep hitting a wall when trying to get it working nicely with the site. I would like to preface my next question with the point that I realise it is probably something I am doing wrong at my end, however I haven't got the slightest clue what it is.

The error I am seeing is a 403 error whenever a user first logs in per browser session, the url it is trying to hit is: http://<site domain>/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login&Itemid=499, which returns the following error:

Please take pity on a poor sap, I've been through the documentation and ensured that I have a CB Profile menu option is public.

Thanks for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #226313 by darkcircuituk
Replied by darkcircuituk on topic CB 1.9 403 Error on Login
Ok I've fixed the issue with the Joomla error being thrown incorrectly, but I'm still having this issue on first login in a session, the correct error message is:

I've done some more digging and the issue doesn't affect the admin user so I'm now 100% sure it is something I am doing at my end, can someone please point me in the right direction to get this resolved? What item item under CB has a itemid of 499? Every user I try and login with (other than Super User) is trying to hit this same URL and each one is having the same problem.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by darkcircuituk.

11 years 5 months ago #226317 by darkcircuituk
Replied by darkcircuituk on topic CB 1.9 403 Error on Login
After further investigation I've found that this issue only occurs on chrome, which makes 0 sense. If I try it in IE & Firefox it works fine, CB doesn't do anything different for Chrome does it?

• dclydew
  • dclydew
11 years 4 months ago #228667 by dclydew
Replied by dclydew on topic CB 1.9 403 Error on Login
ANy update on this? I'm having the same issue with Chrome!!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon